***AUDIO AND VIDEO AVAILABLE*** Wyden Held Press Conference with Oregon Timber and Conservation Groups to Announce Federal Forestry Legislation
Washington, D.C. - U.S. Senator Ron Wyden (D-Ore.) held a press conference with representatives from Oregon's timber industry and conservation groups to announce their support of the "Oregon Eastside Forests Restoration, Old Growth Protection and Jobs Act" which Wyden will introduce today. The legislation represents an agreement between the timber industry and environmentalists over the decades-old dispute over harvest levels and watershed and old growth protections, and will lead to a significant and sustainable increase in harvest in at-risk forests all across central and eastern Oregon.
Comments from the following people are available on this pathfire feed:
· U.S. Senator Ron Wyden (D-Ore.)
· Andy Kerr, The Larch Company
· John Shelk, Ochoco Lumber Company
· Tim Lillebo, OregonWild
· Tom Partin, American Forest Resources Council
Audio is available by accessing the Actuality System (1-800-511-0763) with ID 4687 or on the web at http://demradio.senate.gov/actualities/wyden/wyden091216.mp3.
FOOTAGE AVAILABLE OF WYDEN'S PRESS CONFERENCE ON PATHFIRE DMG BEGINNING WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 16, 2009 at 4:30 P.M. EST
1. On the left side of the Pathfire/DMG main page, click on Video News Feed (Master VNF Locator).
2. From the expanded list, double-click on VNF Provider B.
3. Click the U.S. Senate tab.
4. Locate and click (OR1) OR, Wyden. The link to the video will be displayed in the pane on the right.
For more instructions, visit http://democrats.senate.gov/tv/pathfire/wyden.pdf