Senate Subcommittee To Hold Hearing on Wyden's Eastside Forestry Bill
Senators Will Hear Testimony from Oregon Environmentalists, Timber Industry Representatives and Forestry Experts
Washington, D.C. - Tomorrow at 2:30 pm EST (11:30 am PST), U.S. Senator Ron Wyden (D-Ore.) will chair a hearing of the U.S. Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee's Subcommittee on Public Lands and Forests focusing on Wyden's Oregon Eastside Forests Restoration, Old Growth Protection and Jobs Act. The legislation represents an agreement between the timber industry and environmentalists over forest management and watershed and old growth protections on Oregon's eastside forests. The panel will hear testimony from administration officials, representatives from Oregon timber industry representatives, foresters and environmental groups. The hearing will take place in the Energy Committee Hearing Room, SD-366.
· Harris Sherman - Department of Agriculture - Undersecretary of Agriculture for Natural Resources and Environment
· Edwin Roberson - Bureau of Land Management - Assistant Director of Renewable Resources and Planning
· John Shelk - Ochoco Lumber Company - Managing Director - Prineville, Oregon
· K. Norman Johnson - Oregon State University - Professor in the College of Forestry - Corvallis, Oregon
· Andy Kerr - Oregon Wild - Senior Counselor
· Stephen Fitzgerald - Oregon State University - Associate Professor - Redmond, Oregon
· Larry Blasing - Grant County Public Forest Commission - Prairie City, Oregon
Please be advised that while the scheduled start time is 2:30 p.m., the actual start time is subject to the chairman's gaveling in of the proceedings. The live webcast will not begin until the hearing is gaveled in and can be seen at: http://energy.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?FuseAction=Hearings.LiveStream.