Wyden Kicks Off New Year With Seven Town Halls
Senator Will Visit Deschutes, Clackamas, Multnomah, Marion, Washington, Benton and Lane counties
Portland, OR – Continuing his pledge since 1996 to hold a town hall each year in each of Oregon’s counties, Senator Ron Wyden will begin the new year with town halls this week in seven counties.
Senator Wyden starts his 20th year of holding annual town halls in each of Oregon’s 36 counties with his 710th town hall in Deschutes County on Jan. 2.
He will hold six more town halls through Jan. 5 before traveling to Washington DC later next week for the start of the 114th Congress.
“Even with all the great new ways of communicating with Oregonians on social media, I look forward every year to my traditional way of talking with people in all 36 counties--face-to-face in town halls,” Senator Wyden said. “Those conversations are essential every year and these seven town halls will allow me to talk with folks about my agenda for the year ahead and to hear what’s on their minds.”
Senator Wyden’s town hall schedule for Jan. 2-5 is as follows:
- DESCHUTES COUNTY: Friday, Jan. 2, 10 am, Deschutes County Services Building, Barnes/Sawyer rooms, 1300 NW Wall, Bend
- CLACKAMAS COUNTY: Saturday, Jan. 3, 11 am, Camp Withycombe, 15300 SE Minuteman Way, Clackamas
- MULTNOMAH COUNTY: Saturday, Jan. 3, 2:30 pm, PCC Southeast Campus, Mt. Tabor Hall, 2305 SE 82nd and Division, Portland (Free parking available in the PCC lot off 82ndAve. No permit required.)
- MARION COUNTY: Sunday, Jan. 4, 1 pm, Marion County Courthouse, 555 Court St. NE, Salem
- WASHINGTON COUNTY: Sunday, Jan. 4, 4 pm, Beaverton City Library – Main Branch, Auditorium (basement), 12375 SW 5th St, Beaverton
- BENTON COUNTY: Monday, Jan. 5, 10 am, Philomath High School, 2054 Applegate St, Philomath
- LANE COUNTY: Monday, Jan. 5, 2 pm, Sheldon High School, 2455 Willakenzie Rd., Eugene
Hank Stern, 503-326-7539