Wyden Kicks Off New Year With Town Halls
Schedule Includes Senator’s Landmark 750th Town Hall
Portland, Ore. – Senator Ron Wyden next month will hold town halls starting on Jan. 3, including his 750th town hall.
Fulfilling his promise to hold annual town halls in each of Oregon’s 36 counties, Wyden will kick off 2016 with town halls between Jan. 3 and Jan. 6 in Crook, Deschutes, Jefferson, Wasco, Wheeler, Gilliam, Sherman and Hood River counties.
On Jan. 5, Wyden will be in Wheeler County for his 750th town hall – the location of his first town hall 20 years ago in Fossil when he first won election to the Senate.
“My promise to Oregonians of town halls each year in each county began in Wheeler County, which is why there is no better place to hold this landmark 750th town hall,” Wyden said. “I am so proud to represent the entire state in the true Oregon tradition by throwing open the doors of government so we can get beyond sound bites and have substantive discussions with Oregonians about their ideas to make our state and our country an even better place.”
Senator Wyden’s upcoming town hall schedule is as follows:
Sunday, Jan. 3
- CROOK COUNTY: 4:30 pm, St. Charles Prineville Hospital Ochoco Conference Rooms 384 Combs Flat Road, Prineville
Monday, Jan. 4
- DESCHUTES COUNTY: 9:45 am, Ridgeview High School Auditorium 4555 SW Elkhorn Ave. Redmond
- JEFFERSON COUNTY: 12:30 pm, Madras City Hall 125 SW E. Street, Madras
Tuesday, Jan. 5
- WASCO COUNTY: 9:15 am, The Dalles-Wahtonka High School Auditorium 220 E 10th St. The Dalles
- WHEELER COUNTY: 1:30 pm, Wheeler High School, 600 B Street, Fossil
- GILLIAM COUNTY: 4:30 pm, Condon Chamber of Commerce, 307 S. Main St., Condon
Wednesday, Jan. 6
- SHERMAN COUNTY: 10 am, Sherman Jr. Senior High School 65912 High School Loop, Moro
- HOOD RIVER COUNTY: 1:30 pm, Hood River High School Auditorium 1220 Indian Creek Rd, Hood River
Next Article Previous Article